Dissertations and PhD theses
University of Portsmouth
These websites allow you to view past dissertations and theses. In most cases, they allow you to download the full-text version.
- Undergraduate dissertations, Postgraduate Taught dissertations and MPhils written by Portsmouth students. (Note: full text available only to members of the University of Portsmouth)
- PhD level theses, including Prof Docs, written by Portsmouth students - ONLINE electronic copies - since 2014.
- PhD level theses, including Prof Docs and MPhils, written by Portsmouth students - PAPER PRINTED copies - 2013 and earlier.
PhD theses from beyond Portsmouth -
- British Library Ethos - Full-text access to PhD theses written by students from any UK university.
- European PhD theses - DART-Europe E-theses Portal
- Australian PhD theses - National Library of Australia’s Trove database. Please see this help guide for information about using Trove.
- Canadian PhD theses - Library and Archives Canada database.
- USA - There is no free service for sharing PhD theses in America. However, they are searchable through the ProQuest Dissertations and Theses Global subscription database.