Covid-19 adjustments to Library services
The Library is open and we encourage staff, students and visitors to follow the current Covid measures recommended by the University and the Government.
Please note that the information provided here may be changed at short notice. Any changes will also be notified through our News page.
- The legal requirement to self-isolate if testing positive for COVID-19 has ended. However, everyone is encouraged to remain at home for at least five full days if they do test positive.
- Government guidelines do not require the wearing of face masks or social distancing. We understand that some students and staff will wish to continue to wear a face covering and we support those personal decisions. Please be respectful of staff and students who continue to wear a mask or who wish to observe social distancing.
- There are hand sanitisation stations in place in the building.
While most of our services have returned to normal operation, a few are subject to restrictions or alternate methods of delivery:
Services provided by staff who may be working from home
- 24/7 online chat
- Support from the Faculty Librarians for students and staff
- Support from the Research Outputs team
Services that will NOT be available
- Access to print newspapers (but you might like to try our new PressReader subscription as a partial substitute)
- the University's coronovirus information page
- the University's Data Protection during the Covid-19 pandemic page