Planning your assignment
When planning your assignment you should consider the following:
- Why do you need the information? Is it for an essay, a report, a presentation or to inform a design?
- Refer to Moodle for details of your assignment, including how it will be marked.
- What do you need to find out about? What is your question asking you to do?
- Applying a Search Strategy, will help you to break down your topic into concepts. You may prefer to approach this with a Mind Map.
- How are you going to search for the information? What keywords and phrases are going to help you locate relevant information
- Choosing Keywords explains how to improve the relevance of your search results significantly.
- Where are you going to look for the information? For example, do you need up-to-date information from newspapers, academic journal articles, statistical data, an image or a video?
- The Ocean of Information guides you to appropriate sources for different contexts. It also links to guidance on how to reference them correctly.
Next: Navigating the Library